Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: Message in a Bottle

I have always wanted to find a message in a bottle.  I envision a message filled with some passionate note or one packed with infinite wisdom.  Alas, I have not yet come across such a treasure. Tonight, I decided to toss my own note into the Atlantic.  In a way, I kind of hope no one will find it, so that the thoughts remain just that...thoughts.  On the other hand, if someone finds it, what will he or she think?  It's out of my hands now, sharing a ride with the right whales and dolphins.  Hopefully, it won't wash up on the shore tomorrow at the exact spot I threw it in. 

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, my first things are so much more mundane than yours. You're giving me a complex.

    I did make up for Wednesday yesterday. As it turned out, I did three new things. The first thing I did was to link my Twitter account to Daytona State Library's Facebook page. When I post something to Twitter it's supposed to show up as a post on the library's wall. So far it doesn't seem to be working, though...??

    The second thing I did was link my Outlook calendar to our reference desk Hotmail calendar. Now I can pull them up together and make sure I haven't forgotten anything on either one.

    The third thing I did was to take part in a class using Elluminate with a headset and mic. It came off without a hitch. I'd been on Elluminate before, but not in a class and not with a headset.

    So I'm caught up, but I've got to find something a little less pedestrian to do!

    ReplyDelete